If you are planning to open a business, or are already a business owner, you may be wondering how much insurance coverage is enough to protect you without overpaying for coverage you don’t need. When should you reduce the amount of commercial insurance you carry without leaving your business unprotected?
Reducing Your Coverage
If you are downsizing, moving into a location which is located in a smaller building, or where the structure value is significantly less, you may want to consider reducing your coverage. Maintaining coverage that is excessive is a waste of resources and can reduce the amount of money you have for other more important business-related expenses, such as inventory. Consult your insurance agent and discover whether or not you should consider reducing your coverage.
Working With A Knowledgeable Company
If you are changing your coverage, you need to work with a company that will offer you options that won’t leave gaps in your commercial insurance policy. If you are located in the Amityville, NY area and want to work with skilled agents who can keep you on track with your commercial coverage, you should check out The Budde Agency Inc. Our agents will outline your needs and available options so you can get the most out of your coverage.
Business owners located in the Amityville, NY area owe it to themselves and the livelihood of their company to consult The Budde Agency Inc. regarding their commercial insurance coverage. Call or stop by the office to speak with an experienced representative and begin optimizing your policy to reflect your current needs.
Avoiding home insurance claims throughout the year in Amityville, NY is important to keep your home insurance down, but many things can go wrong in the winter that can be avoided.
- Be Smart about Fires: Home fires are popular in the winter, especially with candles. The top three days for candle fires include Christmas Day, New Years Day, and New Year’s Eve. Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn. Also, be careful with Christmas trees. They aren’t as common, but fires can happen if your tree is located too close to a heat source. Be sure to remove the tree after Christmas and when it is dry. Be sure also to test your fire alarms to keep your home safe throughout the season. You may even get a discount for having proper smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms in your home. Speak with an agent at The Budde Agency Inc. for more information.
- Be Safe in the Kitchen: With more winter parties and cooking happening, you don’t want to leave the kitchen unattended while the stove is on. Kitchen fires are the leading cause of fires throughout the year.
- Inspect the Fireplace: Have your fireplace inspected and cleaned out so that when those cold nights hit, you can safely have a fire and not worry about it causing any damage.
- Protect Pipes: Winter is prime time for your pipes to freeze, and this can cause a lot of water damage. Protect your pipes by avoiding any rapid drops in temperature, keeping the thermostat just right, and installing some insulation.
- Prevent Thefts: The holidays and the winter season usually see an increase in thefts with all the new gifts. Lock the doors, keep the garage doors closed, and keep the blinds closed not to let people peek into your home.
Contact The Budde Agency Inc., serving Amityville, NY, to get a quote on home insurance.